Closing Dates: 3rd December 2017
Salary: £23,000-24,000 per annum
Contract type: Permanent/Term Time
Contract term: Jan 2018 start
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels”?
Are you looking for a school where “There is a strong, aspirational and supportive ‘family’ culture of teams”, “where commitment to learning and development is high”
Investors in People GOLD AWARD 2014
Outstanding Literacy Teaching Assistant needed for an exceptional school
The Petchey Academy is seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial staff to work at this academy, where there are good opportunities for career advancement supported by strong CPD.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· Become a key influence in supporting students to succeed beyond national expectations
· Work with dedicated and enthusiastic staff to inspire these students both inside the classroom and outside of the classroom through acting as pastoral tutors and supporting extracurricular clubs and activities.
· Assist in the support of pupils with weak literacy. Whilst receiving instructions from AVP with responsibility for Literacy and the AVP with responsibility for Renaissance.
· Enjoy magnificent facilities and state of art ICT
· Benefit from a strong staff wellbeing culture and a range of employee benefits
The successful candidate will:
· Have a successful academic record, Educated to A Level as a minimum, preferably degree level
or hold a recognized Teaching Assistant qualification (NVQ Level 2 or 3) or a willingness to undertake training /course leading to a qualified Teaching Assistant status.
· Have some knowledge of the UK National Curriculum.
· Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Jack Petchey, is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!” If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you. .
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued
To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk and our recruitment-vacancies page (Please note we do not accept CVs, the application form should be fully completed)