The King Alfred School is looking for an ambitious and talented teacher to join our Lower School staff from September 2021. At King Alfred we are fortunate to have the freedom to be able to value the progress young people make in all areas, and to create an exciting learning experience that is true to our own principles and values.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about learning and keen to develop professionally
- Understand and embrace the benefits of working collaboratively with colleagues
- Value and promote student voice within learning experiences
- Be committed to a holistic approach to education
- Have successful experience of, and a commitment to, inquiry-based learning.
As well as sharing our values, the ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experiences:
- Several years demonstrable teaching experience
- Good honours degree + PGCE primary (QTS) or equivalent
- Proven track record of being an excellent teacher in own classroom
- Ability to establish successful relationships with pupils, parents and staff.
If you share our vision and are reflective, hard-working, forward-thinking and keen to grow with our community, we would very much like to hear from you.
Please see the attached job info pack for a detailed description of the duties involved in this role, as well as a person specification of our ideal candidate.
To apply for this role please visit our website and apply via our online Application Form.
Closing date for applications: Noon, Sunday 18 April 2021
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
King Alfred School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years
King Alfred School is a small, friendly, independent, co-educational child-centred school. We accept pupils from age 4 to 18; the school is strictly non-denominational embracing a wide ability range. Classes are unusually small and pastoral care is v...