The Wingate School is looking to appoint a qualified German Teacher in the Secondary School for an August 2021 start. The German teacher should already be in Mexico oe open to teaching online.
The teacher would teach 4 periods per week, 2 back to back lessons, on two days per week to Form 2 and Form 3 year groups. The students are complete beginners in German and fully bilingual in English and Spanish.
Regarding the candidate, we are looking for:
- First language German speakers with experience teaching the German language to young people with no prior knowledge of the language
- A teacher who is already in Mexico City or plans to relocate to Mexico City on or before August 2021, or willing to teach online in the timezone of Mexico City (GMT-6)
- A child-centred approach and collegial perspective
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time school teaching experience
- A cheerful, professional, hard-working and well-presented person, capable of inspiring confidence in pupils and parents
- Enjoy rising to the challenge inherent in a school environment
- An awareness of the demands of teaching a diverse student body and a commitment to fostering high academic achievement
- Commitment to the all-round ethos of the School, including its co-curricular activities and School of Character approach
- A competitive salary
- Initial one year contract, renewable by mutual consent
- Benefits: school lunches, paid personal day, staff transport routes and/or free on-site parking, personal accident insurance and the prospect of professional growth
- Work visa sponsorship if required
- Supportive school environment with opportunities for professional development
- Strong and broad academic programme in a well-resourced school
- Once a week optional after-school Spanish lessons for staff
ABOUT THE WINGATE SCHOOL The Wingate School (TWS) is a British International School in Mexico City. TWS is an accredited Cambridge International School which offers an educational programme focussed on academic excellence, creativity and and gives a lot of importance to human formation. TWS teaches the International Early Years Curriculum in Kinder, the International Primary Curriculum alongside Cambridge Primary Mathematics and English in Primary and the Cambridge curriculum in Secondary. The school is a member of the Latin American Heads Conference, was awarded the Foundation Level of British Council’s International School Award and was recently named "One of the 10 best international schools in Latin America" by The Knowledge Review.
Child protection and safeguarding: The Wingate School is committed to caring for and ensuring the wellbeing of all young people. Candidates will be asked to provide references, undertake background checks, as well as carry out standard psychometric testing.
ABOUT MEXICO CITY AND MEXICO Mexico is the 7th most visited country in the world. In 2018 over 49 million people came to Mexico as tourists. Mexico City is often quoted as the city with the greatest number of museums in the world. Mexico is a fascinating country full of history, archeological sites, culture, gastronomy, beautiful nature and world-renoved beaches. Get more information on the country here: https://www.visitmexico.com/en/
The Wingate School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 14 years