Learning Support Assistant
Location: Doucecroft School, Eight Ash Green, Colchester
Full time - Term time only 35 hours per week plus 3 days per annum during school holidays
Job ref: D168
You will provide direct support to our students in their learning environment in both a group and individual setting. Taking an active role in a wide range of classroom and physical activities throughout the academic year; assisting and working closely with the Class Teacher and Teaching Assistant to contribute to lessons. Based at Doucecroft School, a converted estate in a beautiful setting near Colchester your main duties will include:
· Supporting the students alongside colleagues in the classroom, during break periods and at lunch times
· Under the direction of the Class Teacher, help prepare for lessons, contribute towards and carry out schemes of work and Individual Student Plans (ISP) and Care Plans
· Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of each student’s stage of development regarding assessment, communication, ISPs and management programmes
· Supporting the Class Teacher in planning and preparing for educational visits and school journeys and accompany students on such visits
· NVQ Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning - desirable
· Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above - essential
· Relevant experience working with students with autism or learning disabilities in an educational setting – essential
· Experience working with students across the ability range and autistic spectrum - desirable
· To be able to drive and hold a full driving licence - desirable
Autism Anglia’s Doucecroft School provides education and care for children and young people with autistic spectrum condition. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established charity who provide to their staff ongoing training and supervision, continuing professional development and support as well as an extensive induction on commencement of employment.
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as requiring a signed declaration of ‘disqualification by association’ for anyone who lives or works in your household.
Applications will only be accepted on an Autism Anglia application form. To download the relevant documents please visit our website www.autism-anglia.org.uk/jobs/vacancies or telephone Clare Gilham at Doucecroft School on 01206 771234.
Closing date for applications will be 14th October 2018
If no response is received within 3 weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply again for other positions.