Dv8 Sussex delivers creative vocational courses at Level 1, 2 and 3 to young people aged 16 - 18 in Media, Music, Art, Fashion, Games and Event Management. Our courses are delivered in small classes, with practical, industry-led project briefs to guide the learning and curriculum. We believe in what we do and can regularly celebrate the positive impact our courses have had on a young person. We are looking for someone who can share our values and make a significant contribution to the next stage of the college’s development.
This is an opportunity to take an exciting central role within a fast growing independent training provider, our Marketing & Admissions Manager will work on improving our strategies and processes within the department. As Dv8 continues to grow, this post will be integral in ensuring that a clear marketing and admissions plan is implemented and that learner admissions and financial targets are realised. We are looking for someone who has brilliant ideas, enthusiasm and passion for what we do, someone who can be a leader within the organisation and be part of an exciting future for Dv8.
The Marketing & Admissions Manager will work with the Senior Management Team and will be accountable for the numbers applying for and starting on Study Programme courses, meeting the targets set within the college’s business plan.
The role will also oversee an effective admissions process to ensure that all relevant information on new learner starts is collected and shared with teaching teams to ensure that each learner starts on the right course with the right support in place to begin learning.
The role will include overseeing and developing the recruitment systems - application form, information capture, interview process, information sharing and marketing plans to achieve targets.
You will be responsible for ensuring that a clear and positive message about Dv8 and our programmes is communicated to young people, parents and stakeholders at all times through all digital and print marketing and press coverage.
You will manage a team of two people based in Brighton, managing learner recruitment across our two centres in Sussex in Brighton and Bexhill. You will have a responsibility to ensure that both centres operate with the same attention and support.
You will also support the marketing and promotion of Dv8’s wider activities including maintaining a positive press profile, promoting and supporting Dv8 events and showcases and supporting the development of new projects income streams through the marketing and admissions activities.
Marketing Strategy and Team Leadership
- Working closely with the senior management team to ensure the Marketing and Sales strategy is aligned to business goals, positioning us as the aspirational college for any young person wishing to gain a creative education and start a career in the Creative Industries
- Oversee the usage of Dv8s CRM system (HubSpot) to ensure that all processes are effective and the whole student journey from initial contact through to starting on programme is well managed.
- Overseeing Dv8’s digital marketing strategy (with the support of the Senior Marketing and Admissions Officer) and presence across a multitude of channels, cultivating online community, leading on the development of the Dv8 website, online brand presence, and SEO.
- Managing the marketing spend and working with the Finance Manager to develop and maintain budgets
- Managing the marketing & admissions team consisting of the Senior Marketing and Admissions Officer and an Admissions Officer; running quarterly supervisions; weekly team meetings; evaluation of the team, identifying career development and training opportunities to create the most successful unit possible
- Leading on print marketing, distribution and advertising strategies including yearly prospectus production working alongside external designers
Recruitment and Admissions
- Work closely with the Head of Teaching and Learning to develop and deliver effective learner recruitment strategies that meet learner and organisational needs
- Ensure that profiled targets for new starts on Study Programmes are met
- Lead on key relationships with schools, positioning Dv8 at the forefront of all year 11 student choices when looking for a creative education post 16 or year 12/13 leavers considering the apprenticeship route
- Identifying and attending (along with Marketing & Admissions officers) key academic and career events across East and West Sussex positioning Dv8 as a leading education brand in a competitive market place
- Developing and overseeing all recruitment processes including the online application, interview paperwork and applications data sheets
- Analysing application data and creating reports relevant to marketing and management
- Coordinating taster sessions and moving on days
- Design of key correspondence such as invite to interview and offer letters
- Organising and implementing an admissions timetable including; initial taster sessions, enrolment days and coordinating internal progression interviews
- Ensuring all relevant SEN, LLDD or other support information is collected at interview stage and shared with support teams at Dv8 where necessary
- Ensure that all statutory obligations around the interview and enrollment of learners with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) are followed in liaison with the Learning Support Team
- Ensuring all other “starting point” information is collected through the admissions process including prior attendance, achievement and education history.
- Working closely with the Student Services Manager and Learning Support Manager to identify safeguarding or child protection issues and students in need of pastoral support
- Working with the Curriculum Area Lead team to ensure the interview process is well managed and consistent across all Dv8 provision.
- At least 2 years’ experience of marketing or student recruitment management / deputy management
- A demonstrable history of leading a team to meet targets
- High level of proficiency across all major digital marketing platforms
- Experience of managing and using a Customer Relationship Management tool (CRM) to oversee all aspects of the marketing, communications and sales aspects of a project
- A passion for driving improvements, attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to work across a number of key projects
- Be target driven and possessing the can-do mentality that will see you thrive in an environment where we’re constantly seeking to break new ground and identify new opportunities
- Possess excellent team leadership skills
- Possess excellent literacy and communication skills
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be a positive and motivated individual, driven by values aligned to Dv8’s own
- Possess Excellent IT skills
For the full job description and to apply for this position please visit our website and complete both the application form and equal opportunities form provided. http://www.dv8sussex.com/jobs/