Are you an enthusiastic, efficient individual who is creative and great with words? Are you looking for your next challenge and career move?
We are looking for a Communications and Marketing Officer to join our Multi-Academy Trust.
Based in Fowey River Academy, Cornwall but covering all Trust regions, you will be responsible for delivering communications and marketing activities for the Trust. This role will work with senior colleagues to develop clear messages and targeted campaigns to promote our academy network, celebrate our successes and raise our profile in multimedia channels.
Contributing to the strategic plans of the Trust plus having a hands on operational role, we promise a varied and exciting opportunity for the right person.
Bringing fresh ideas and sharing best practice you will provide strategic advice to the Trust’s schools in developing and implementing their annual marketing and student recruitment plans.
You’ll be writing news stories and copy for collateral as well as planning and delivering multiple marketing campaigns to promote events, manage crisis communications and updating our websites and social media accounts. So being highly organised is essential.
This role provides a great opportunity for the right person to build their experience in a multi-disciplined communications and marketing environment.
Travel to the regions the Trust operates in will be essential. A full clean driving licence is required.
- Work with senior leaders to develop and deliver communications and marketing plans for each of our schools within budget using a variety of marketing channels such as print, outdoor and online advertising, email, PR and events.
- Write news stories and press releases to positively promote the Trust and its schools.
- Work with the PR agency and manage crisis communications and media relations.
- Be a champion for all our brands, ensuring design work adheres to guidelines and positively reflects what we do as an organisation.
- Update our websites with compelling news stories and our social media accounts with snappy updates.
- Work with our graphic design agency to develop collateral such as brochures, leaflets and school prospectuses, from taking the initial brief to writing engaging copy and collecting photography, to briefing the designers and proofing.
You will need:
- A experience of working within marketing and communications and be educated to degree-level in a marketing or similar qualification.
- Ability to create written copy to a high standard for a variety of media channels.
- A knowledge of digital marketing such as writing for websites, email marketing and social media.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. An understanding of any design software such as Adobe Creative Suite would be desirable.
- Strong organisational skills and time management skills with excellent attention to detail.
- First class people skills; ability to develop good relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Understanding of WordPress would be desirable.
- A full clean driving licence
An applications form must be completed to apply for this post.
What you need to submit:
Application form - please complete in full
CV – CVs may be submitted but an application form must be completed in full. Please ensure your CV contains full employment history in reverse order with details of each post you have held and key responsibilities.
Covering letter - Please explain your reasons for applying for this position and why you would be an asset to our Trust.
Closing date 9.00 on 11th December 2017
Permanent, full time position
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check