Master Data Administrator
12 Months Fixed Term, Full Time
Salary: £22,500 - £28,000 (depending on experience)
What it’s about
We have an exciting 12 month opportunity to join our Master Data Management (MDM) team as a Master Data Administrator.
The MDM team is responsible for maintaining master data in SAP and ensuring the quality and integrity of data across our operational IT systems overall. As Master Data Administrator, you will ensure that our systems operate flawlessly by setting up products, materials, assessors and finance structures correctly.
We are looking for someone with a keen eye for detail who wants to build on their SAP knowledge and get to grips with data in a complex environment. This is a chance to really engage with our strategic applications and get a great background for a future career in an SAP environment.
What you’ll be doing
• Act as primary liaison with stakeholders for issues relating to the impacts of master data integrity
• Undertake project work in the fields of data quality, reconciliations and bulk data changes.
• Act as process expert via proficient understanding of specific system interfaces and data flows and the implications for other systems, applications or processes
• Enter and maintain Master Data in designated areas – reviewing, addressing and resolving any issues
• Take responsibility for particular areas of Master Data Management as designated by the MDM Lead
• Ensure all Master Data change tickets in designated areas are processed to the highest standard of accuracy within SLA
• Maintain master data tables and fields in SAP and business processes
• Prepare, maintain, communicate and enforce policies and procedures documents for relevant master data processes and functions
• Provide coaching and training on data and process-related matters.
• Identify opportunities and leads or actively participate in process improvement initiatives
• Take responsibility for personal development and continuing education
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have data management experience in a busy office environment, a good working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products, and some working knowledge of SAP (although this is not essential as training will be provided). Accuracy and attention to detail is key in this role, as is experience of providing a high level of customer service. The ability to prioritise work effectively to achieve a number of tight deadlines is another essential. You will also require good interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure and without close supervision.
• Experience of providing a high level of customer service
• Good problem solving skills
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Ability to prioritise workload effectively and meet deadlines
• Experience of working in a complex and busy office environment
• Experience of office administration / data processing
• Experience of following a set of documented processes and procedures
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 14/01/2019 and interviews will be held on 21/01/2019.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER