Cranleigh Abu Dhabi is seeking to appoint a Humanities teacher for Years 5 – 9 to help cover a maternity leave. This is a term time contract where hours are from 07:30 – 16:30 and would run from 8th January 2020 until 21st March 2020. If you are a qualified teacher living in Abu Dhabi that is looking to get back into the profession in an excellent school, then this could be the job for you. For a full teacher’s job description please click here and then click here to apply.
How to apply
Applicants should apply by completing an on-line application form available on our website and upload a copy of their most recent CV and a Cover Letter. Applications without a Cover Letter will not be considered.
About Cranleigh Abu Dhabi
Cranleigh Abu Dhabi sits at the entrance to Saadiyat’s emerging Cultural District in keeping with the school’s motto, ‘Ex Cultu Robur’ – ‘From Culture Comes Strength’. Built over seven hectares, we have a beautiful, bespoke campus situated within minutes of New York University Abu Dhabi and the magnificent Saadiyat Beach, as well as the extraordinary Louvre Abu Dhabi.
In addition to the broad academic curriculum, our daily routine offers a wealth of opportunities that allow pupils to explore their full range of talents in fine arts, performing arts, music, sport and other activities such as gymnastics, golf, horse riding and debating to name but a few. Check out our Facebook page to get an even better idea of day-today life at Cranleigh Abu Dhabi.
We are looking for first class teachers to join our vibrant team and work with us in our pursuit of excellence. Attractive packages will reflect the professionalism of our staff and the value we place on them.
Person Specification (minimum):
• Bachelors Degree in a related subject with a PGCE OR a Bachelors in Education AND a minimum of two years teaching experience
• Be able to provide a relevant and up to date police check
• Experience in teaching FS1 or FS2 at a UK Curriculum school, preferably from an independent school background but not essential
· Passion for contributing to Cranleigh’s extensive enrichment programme
What we offer:
· Competitive terms of employment and excellent working conditions
· Tax Free Salary
· Fully furnished accommodation where applicable
· Medical insurance and annual Air Fare for individuals and dependents where applicable
•100% payment of children’s school fees up to 2.5 dependents where applicable
Cranleigh Abu Dhabi is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.