Inspired learning. Empowering young women of integrity. We are seeking an enthusiastic, talented teaching professional with the ability to teach Mathematics at all levels to join our Mathematics Department.
The position is a temporary full-time role commencing in Term 1, 2020 for a maximum period of 12 months. Suitable applicants will ideally possess experience in successfully teaching Mathematics at all Stages.
The key responsibilities of the position include (but are not limited to):
- Collaborative programming at all levels.
- Applying knowledge of content/discipline through effective teaching activities and programs relevant to the curriculum stage.
- Designing and implementing relevant learning and teaching sequences using the NSW NESA syllabus.
- Supporting the IB philosophy and learner profile.
- Integrating ICT in teaching and learning to meet syllabus outcomes.
- Using a variety of appropriate teaching strategies and resources, including ICT, to make content meaningful to all students.
- Understanding and using database systems to maintain records and track student learning.
- Using student assessment results to evaluate teaching and learning programs and inform further planning.
- Establishing safe and supportive learning environments.
- Managing student behaviour by engaging students in purposeful and worthwhile learning activities.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- is passionate about the teaching of Mathematics;
- has a natural rapport with staff and girls;
- has the ability to engage students and inspire them to achieve the best results;
- possesses a strong academic record;
- possesses a clear understanding of teaching and learning, and sound specialist knowledge and understanding of curriculum;
- is knowledgeable about the effective use of ICT in the classroom;
- is confident in differentiating the curriculum in the classroom;
- will support the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the school;
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning; and
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School.
The successful applicant will need to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to the interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777
Applications close: 23 February 2020