The Mathematics Department boasts a group of highly qualified and experienced professionals who work in a technologically rich and collaborative environment. They deliver courses that cater to a community strongly supportive of Mathematics for future educational opportunities.
The school is seeking to appoint a teacher of Mathematics across Years 7 to 12. Highly desirable is a candidate with good experience teaching at the highest levels, ideally but not necessarily for the International Baccalaureate Diploma program and the NSW Higher School Certificate courses. The successful candidate will need to have a thorough knowledge of the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and passionate educator of mathematics to assume a teaching position in a highly effective and innovative independent school.
As a teacher, the role-holder is expected to:
- model outstanding teaching practice in and outside the classroom
- be able to teach the Australian Curriculum across a broad age range and, where relevant, the Higher School Certificate and/or the International Baccalaureate
- teacher with subject mastery and the ability to teach at the highest level
- be willing to participate enthusiastically in the School’s pastoral and co-curricular program
- attend School Chapel services and respect and uphold the School’s Anglican values and ethos, while also respecting people of all backgrounds and faith within the School community
- safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- support the School’s aims and objectives