Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn and to be challenged. You can read about our recent Ofsted inspection here: Ofsted Visit
If you are not familiar with Oxfordshire, we would recommend that you take a look at: Living in Oxfordshire - Information for Teachers. We are also mindful of the competing demands people face in their lives and are happy to consider part-time applications.
At Cheney School we have a vibrant and successful Mathematics Faculty, with large numbers of students progressing onto post 16 Mathematics and Further Mathematics courses. We are looking for an inspirational and innovative teacher with a real passion for ensuring engagement in learning for all students to join our expanding, effective and well-resourced department as soon as possible.
We are committed to continuous professional development and have wide ranging training and development opportunities. The school is very popular and is an excellent platform for staff to further develop their professional career. If you wish to develop your career in a vibrant school which seeks to go from good to outstanding, we would welcome your application.
You will need to be able to demonstrate that you:
- are passionate about raising levels of engagement and achievement;
- have the determination to be ‘outstanding’ in your own classroom teaching;
- want to make a positive difference by going the extra mile for the benefit of your students;
- have the desire and enthusiasm to play an active and collaborative role in contributing to a strong culture of sharing best practice, resources and ideas;
- have the interpersonal and leadership skills required to inspire and motivate students;
- are keen and able to embed enjoyment and success in learning.
Visits to the school prior to interview are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit or if you would like more information about the role, please contact Steve Palmer, Head of Mathematics, at: email@example.com or on: 01865 755 104
Payment is on Teacher Main Scale or Upper Pay scale with the opportunity to take on a senior middle leader role with a commensurate TLR. The position comes with membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.
How to Apply:
Please download an application pack from below. Please email your application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 8am, Monday 18 June 2018.
Interviews week commencing: Monday, 18 June 2018.
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.