We have a vacancy for a Mathematics Teacher at Landau Forte Academy Amington, Tamworth.
Do you want to work with resilient, eager students aged 11-16? Are you able to help young people develop academic and personal skills swiftly? Would you value the opportunity to work in a modern, vibrant town with a historic heart? Then Landau Forte Academy Amington is the place for you.
Contract: Full time, permanent position
Start date: Wednesday 29th August 2018
Salary: MPS (negotiable for the right candidate)
Closing Date: Monday 19th March 2018
What we can offer you:
- A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment
- The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students
- Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
- A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours
- Membership of the Teacher Pension Scheme (TPS)
- Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
Landau Forte Academy Amington
We are a rapidly improving 11-16 academy under new leadership, with a Progress 8 score which improved dramatically from 2015. It is a vibrant place to work with committed staff and a student body who’s behaviour Ofsted described as ‘polite, courteous and respectful’. Our aim is to continue this arc of improvement. Opportunities for professional development are enhanced by our partnership with the Landau Forte Teaching School Alliance.
The local area
Tamworth is a historic town surrounded by beautiful countryside, located a short distance from Birmingham. The Academy is located close to the centre of Tamworth, with superb transport links.
Tamworth boasts a range of historical sites and leisure attractions, including: Tamworth Castle; the Tamworth SnowDome and Drayton Manor Amusement Park. Within a 20 minute drive from the town, you can find yourself in the beautiful, open Staffordshire countryside or Birmingham‘s bustling city centre.
- Tamworth is 10 minutes away from the M42; junction 10
- Direct trains from Birmingham (10 minutes) and London (1 hour 15 minutes)
- Birmingham and East Midlands Airports are 30 minutes away
Apply for this job
1. Read the Guidance & Criteria document
2. Complete the application form
a. PDF Version: http://lfa.ac/LFAAJobsStep2a
b. Word Version: http://lfa.ac/LFAAJobsStep2b
3. Complete the Equal Opportunities form
a. PDF Version: http://lfa.ac/LFCTJobsStep3a
b. Word Version: http://lfa.ac/LFCTJobsStep3b
Send your application
You can email your completed application, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can post your application to:
Landau Forte Academy Amington
All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and a criminal background check. Landau Forte Charitable Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
Site Code: LFAA