Academic Coach – Maths
RSA Academy Tipton
Due to our expansion, we are looking to appoint dedicated Academic Coaches to join the Maths team. This role would ideally suit graduates in a maths-related discipline who are keen to gain school experience before training to teach in the future, or an experienced HLTA/academic mentor. You will be responsible for delivering maths intervention sessions to small groups of KS3 and/or KS4 students identifying and supporting areas of weakness in order to improve their conceptual understanding and ultimately performance in examinations. You will be supported by a maths department with a bespoke intervention programme that is well resourced and planned but will also be given the opportunity to be creative and prepare your own sessions as necessary.
RSA Academy, Tipton is proud to be part of the wider Central RSA Academies Trust. The school works together with the trust to ensure the best learning opportunities for our young people and excellent training and professional development opportunities for all our staff. To ensure you settle in well and are successful in your role an experienced member of the maths department will mentor and support you. As part of the RSA Teaching School Alliance, you will be provided will outstanding training opportunities if you choose to pursue a teaching career. Our Initial Teacher Training programme has been described as a ‘beacon’ of outstanding practice by Birmingham City University with 90% of trainees passed at good or outstanding.
The successful candidate will:
· Hold a degree in a maths-related discipline
· Be committed to the development of their own practice
· Have aspirations to pursue a teaching career in maths
· Support teaching staff with the full range of curriculum and intervention strategies
· Use the behaviour policy and techniques for managing classroom behaviour in collaboration with teaching and pastoral staff
· Demonstrate the ability to build positive and effective relationships with students and staff
· Demonstrate optimism about young people and their ability to achieve
· Be committed to providing the best opportunities and an inclusive environment for all groups of pupils
· Be able to accept challenges, inspire and motivate others
· Be caring and committed to making a difference to the lives of pupils, families and the community
If this sounds like your next step, please visit our website at www.rsaacademy.org where you can download an application pack. Completed application forms should be sent via email to email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 18th July 2018
The Central RSA Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, 2 work references, immigration and other employment checks.
RSA Academy, Bilston Road, Tipton, West Midlands, DY4 0BZ