Maths Leader (Lower School)
Inner London Main/Upper Pay Scale + TLR 2b - £4,532
Required for January 2020
Preston Manor are an all-through co-operative school with students ranging from 4 – 19 years. Staff are expected to make the most of this all through provision and to liaise with relevant colleagues in all parts of the school. The school is over two sites and there may be times when colleagues are expected to work across both sites with students.
We are a happy, inclusive and over-subscribed school, serving a diverse and vibrant community. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed teacher to join our team and contribute to our growth and development.
We are seeking an experienced primary practitioner to lead and manage this key area of our Lower School curriculum. The Maths Leader will be a class based member of our Wider Leadership Team, with additional leadership and management time and responsibility for Maths across the school.
We are looking for a teacher who:
• is an excellent primary classroom practitioner with high expectations of attainment for all
• has the ability to organise and manage the delivery of a creative, stimulating literacy curriculum throughout the school
• has experience of working with colleagues to ensure continuous improvement in standards of teaching and learning
• has experience of using assessment and data analysis to raise achievement
• delightful, enthusiastic children who enjoy learning and all aspects of school life
• an inclusive team of dedicated, friendly and supportive staff
• engaged and supportive parents and governors
• excellent support for CPD and career development
• a genuine commitment to staff well being
• the unique experience of working in an all-through school
The school is situated within walking distance of the world famous, Wembley Stadium, which offers easy access to newly created facilities including the London Designer Outlet.
The school benefits from excellent transport links via public transport and is located a short walk from both Wembley Park and Preston Road Underground Stations. Central London locations are accessible within 20 minutes from the school.
The school is also easily accessible from main roads including the M25, M1, M40, A40 and A406.
The above post provides an excellent opportunity to work in a high quality environment and to become part of a highly motivated and visionary team of teachers.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or disability.
Closing Date: noon Wednesday 2nd October 2019
Interview Date: w/c 7th October 2019
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who complete in full the application form. CV’s will not be accepted in substitution for a completed Application Form but may be included with the Application Form.
The school reserves the right to change these dates, and to close the vacancy at any time, so early application is advised.
Preston Manor School is committed to the welfare and safety of its students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo the necessary Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks.