We are looking for an inspirational and talented Subject Lead in Mathematics to help establish from day one the importance of numeracy for our students and grow a brand new and outstanding Maths department for the Academy.
Harris Academy Sutton will open in September 2018 as a brand new, state-of-the-art 11-18 co-educational academy in the heart of Sutton. With a Specialism in Science, the Academy will collaborate closely with its neighbours on the London Cancer Hub site: the Institute of Cancer Research and the Royal Marsden Hospital. These represent two world-class organisations and together with the new six-form entry Academy they will form a campus community with research buildings, hospital facilities, and a reputation for excellence in the fields of research and medical provision. The Academy will offer a broad and balanced curriculum to the young people of Sutton: the Campus itself will provide a focal point for talented scientists and clinicians by establishing world class facilities to not only attract top researchers but also to educate the life science workforce of the future.
This is a unique opportunity for dynamic, motivated professionals to be part of the team helping to shape what will become the leading science educational establishment in London.
A well-qualified specialist holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, you will have the ability to teach from KS3 to KS5. You will need to be a creative and flexible team member with presence and authority who is able to deliver consistently good lessons.
In the first year you will be responsible for building and developing the ethos of Mathematics across the Academy. As the Academy grows in its first few years there will be potential for the right candidates to rapidly develop their career in parallel.
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students.
- To support the subject area as appropriate and provide direction for subject teachers.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students.
- To develop leadership skills as part of the Academy Middle Leadership Group
- To provide a motivating and structured learning experience, which will provide students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute significantly to raising standards of students' attainment as a teacher and form tutor.
This is a rare and unique opportunity to be part of a new school from the very start. The Academy will open in temporary accommodation in September 2018 and move into its new £40 million building in September 2019.
Why work at Harris Academy Sutton?
- The opportunity to be part of the founding team of an Academy with the highest of expectations and ambitions for its staff and students
- Unrivalled potential for personal and professional development as the Academy grows
- An innovative, inclusive and happy environment in which to teach and learn, promoting academic achievement across the curriculum and encouraging participation in extra- curricular activities
- All the advantages of a highly successful Academy group including strong central support, outstanding CPD opportunities through the Harris Teaching School Alliance, and a generous benefits and rewards package
For more information, or to arrange a confidential discussion with the Principal, please call the Head of Recruitment on 0208 253 7777.
Are you an Aspiring Middle Leader?
At Harris, we have a strong culture of school improvement, and professional development is at the heart of the Federation. We can offer you the opportunity to gain your NPQML, a qualification that provides a national recognition of your leadership development and professional achievement as a middle leader. This programme is for teachers aspiring to take up middle leadership positions, and led by some of the most talented principals in the country who are highly experienced in improving outcomes for pupils and students. Find out more www.harristeachingschool.com
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.