Cambian Wing College
Salary £30,000 per annum Permanent Full Time Role
Cambian Wing College is a 38 and 52 week residential special provision, based in Bournemouth, for students from 16-25 years old, who have a diagnosis of high functioning autism and associated disorders. We use specialist approaches, environments and staff expertise, to prepare students to meet the demands of adult life in a positive way. We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed, flexible and a suitably qualified candidate, who is passionate about teaching and learning. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with small groups and 1:1 with additional classroom support, helping learners to achieve their personal targets in mathematics at GCSE and Functional Skills Level.
Candidate Profile: The successful candidate needs to be well organised with excellent communication skills and have a proven ability to work as part of a team. You need to be able to work flexibly to meet the needs of our learners.
You will need to have knowledge and experience in:
• Teaching in a Special Education Needs environment
• Mathematics curriculum delivery from Entry Level to Level 3 including GCSE & A Levels
• Educated to at least GCSE level or equivalent with English and Mathematics at C or above
• Relevant occupational qualifications or experience
• Relevant Teaching Qualification
• Understanding and implementation of equality and diversity in a learning environment
• Planning and delivery of high quality teaching, learning, assessment and tutorial support
• Management of Learning Support within a teaching group Successful candidates will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post.
Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks. Cambian is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply If you are interested in the above position please ring 01202 635630 and speak to Barbara Sattin, Administration Manager or email Barbara.firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about us at Cambian visit www.cambiangroup.com
Closing date: 31 December 2017 - Please note vacancy may close prior to this date if a large number of applications are received. Previous applicants need not apply.