The Write Time Independent School are specifically looking for someone to teach Maths & preferably Science to Under-16 students who have complex needs (e.g. challenging behaviour, dyslexia, ASD, ADHD etc.). We are locally recognised as a preferred provider for being able to support students academically and pastorally into positive pathways.
The role attracts a reduced teaching timetable of 65%, with a maximum of 4 classes and 8-10 students per class. This means there is significantly more time for administrative tasks such as planning, preparation, & assessment (PPA), and additional responsibilities if this is sought. The maximum capacity of the school is 32 students so teachers will never have a workload greater than 32 students' worth. Behavioural support is a constant presence throughout everyday to allow teachers to maximise progression or students within the classroom. There is also large scope for creativity within the school to engage students.
Do you have what it takes to join The Write Time?
In order to apply for this, post you will need: -
- A good degree in Science, Engineering or Maths (or strong Science A-Levels) or related subject from a recognised university either in the UK or overseas
- A recognised teaching qualification, preferably PGCE-qualified with QTS
- A minimum of a Level 2 qualification/Grade C in English Language & Mathematics
- To be experienced and talented working with challenging young people from a variety of complex backgrounds, and to have a track record of success in engaging this client group to achieve positive destinations
- To be a strong user of ICT-based software including MacOS
- To be a competent coordinator and motivator
- To have a minimum of 1 years’ experience as a classroom teacher, and have firm evidence of successful teaching outcomes (NQTs are very welcome to apply and will be treated fairly and favourably)
- To be dynamic, creative, energetic, positive, and willing to communicate ideas appropriately
With the responsibility comes certain benefits and incentives which include, but are not limited to:
- This position attracts a salary of £24,000 to £29,000
- Maximum of 4 classes with TA support for 8 students per class (32 students capacity of school)
- Significantly reduced teacher workload (Minimum of 25% timetable for PPA)
- Significant mentoring support for teachers
- Quick progression opportunities within the business
- Team-building days and visits
- Family community feeling at work
- Work-Life Balance Priorities
Please complete the online application form via TES. Please complete your supporting statement against the person specification, as a guide.
If you would like to find out more information about the job, please contact Alton McDonald on 07415 871847 or 0208 689 7676.
NOTE: Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, and reference checks prior to the commencement of employment.