Required for September 2019
Second in Charge of the Maths department
MPS/UPS + Crawley Allowance + TLR 1B (£9643)
We wish to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic teacher of Maths to make a significant contribution to the leadership of a department whose progress8 scores are already extremely positive. We are looking to appoint an experienced teacher looking for a new challenge with significant leadership responsibility. The ability to teach A level successfully would be an advantage.
You will be an innovative teacher who is passionate about your subject. You will be joining an experienced and supportive team who are committed to raising student achievement at a time when the College is improving rapidly and has recently been judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted. The new school building is situated in a pleasant location which is only 30 minutes to both Brighton and Croydon by rail or car.
We would welcome visits to the school or informal conversation with the Principal if this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
The closing date for applications is Noon, 25th January 2019 and interviews will be held the following week.
Please contact Mrs D Williams, HR & Student Services Manager, for further details and an application form or download them from our website. Tel: 01293 420500 Email: email@example.com
A supportive induction programme is provided for all new staff. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant must have enhanced DBS disclosure and satisfactory references. The College is an equal opportunities employer.
• To oversee all the agreed responsibilities for the work of the Maths and delegate responsibilities appropriately across the Maths team
• Ensure that relevant teaching and learning objectives are used to plan comprehensive schemes of work and these are available on the school network for the responsibility areas
• Provide all students with opportunities for success and challenge by using feedback effectively across Maths to ensure they make rapid progress in the agreed areas of responsibility
• Ensure students are given opportunities to learn to read, write and communicate effectively across Maths
• Ensure appropriate teaching resources are available for other teachers to enable all students to make good progress in the agreed areas of responsibility
• Make appropriate use of a range of monitoring and assessment strategies to ensure students are making progress – this includes the analysis of data, scrutiny of work and observation of lessons for the agreed responsibilities
• Report student attainment, progress and attitude to learning in line with whole school policy
• Support other teachers in relation to developing students’ skills and in developing their practice for the agreed responsibilities
• Support Maths staff in implementing school behaviour management policy
• Support the professional development of the Maths team in line with the school aims and development priorities providing professional development for other staff regarding developing literacy skills
• Produce development plans in line with whole school development priorities.
• Implement all other whole school policies across the Maths area/s
• Co-ordinate extra-curricular activities to support learning for pupils in Maths
• To deputise for the Head of Maths in their absence
• To act as a role model for other staff and contribute to the success of the team as necessary