We are currently recruiting a Teacher of Maths to join our team at Regent Group. The Teacher of Maths will implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students, support a designated curriculum area as appropriate, to monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor, to facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To teach the Maths Curriculum across Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment. Working to ensure students make good to outstanding progress in this subject.
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- Be a role model for students inspiring them to be actively interested in Maths.
- Teach Maths to groups from all abilities across years 10 – 13.
- Undertake a designated programme of teaching across all key stages.
- Use excellent subject knowledge to teach the course content to a diverse student population.
- Teach consistently high quality lessons.
- Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives
- Use technology to support teaching which is engaging and exciting.
- Plan lessons that match the full range of learners’ needs.
Assessment, Feedback & Training
- Mark, grade and give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required.
- Monitor and evaluate the assessment and feedback to students in line with the policy of the College.
- Undertake assessments of students as requested by internal and external departments/bodies.
- Record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and keep such records as are required.
- Complete all relevant documentation to assist in the tracking of student progress and use it to inform learning & teaching.
- Continue personal development in the relevant areas including subject knowledge and teaching methods.
- Participate in whole school CPD.
- Promote teamwork with in the Science department.
- Engage in the Performance Management/Annual Appraisal process.
- Act as a positive role model and promote the aims, values and ethos of the College and uphold all rules & policies.
- Attend department meetings, parents meetings, parents’ evenings, whole school meeting, liaison events, professional development activities etc.
- Undertake lunchtime supervisory duties.
- Be a form tutor to an assigned group of students if and when required.
- Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students within your tutor group.
- Monitor student absence in lessons and ensure that follow-up procedures are put in place where necessary.
- Contribute to the delivery of PSHE.
- Contribute to the preparation of Action Plans as required.
- Be keenly aware of the responsibility for safeguarding children and to the monitoring and implementation of Safeguarding processes.
- Comply with the school’s Safeguarding Policy in order to ensure the welfare of children and young persons.
- Play a full part in the life of the school community and support its mission and ethos.
- Comply with the Schools Health & Safety policy and undertake risk assessments as appropriate.
- Be courteous to colleagues, visitors and telephone callers and provide a welcoming environment.
- Undertake duties before the school day, at break, at the end of the lunch period and after the school day on rota basis.
- Adhere to the School’s Safeguarding Policy.
- Hourly Rate of £30 - £35
- Pension Scheme
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Career development opportunities and continued professional development.
Established in 2000 Regent Group has a passion for education; helping learners excel personally, academically and professionally. Based in north-west London, we are experienced providers delivering quality education from nursery, through tuition services and full-time secondary school, to further and higher education and executive leadership courses.
Regent Group is building a 21st century education model for future world learners. Our vision is to become a leading provider of quality education, enriching the lives of our students and the communities in which they live and work. We pride ourselves on finding the right course for our learners at our own institutions or with an increasingly wide range of partner institutions across the globe.