Lomond School is a co-educational independent school, for children aged 3 to 18 years, positioned in the elegant suburbs of the coastal town of Helensburgh located only 10 minutes from Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park.
At Lomond School we believe passionately that education should be about supporting our young people to develop and grow, both academically and personally, as rounded individuals with strong values who are ultimately prepared to embark confidently and successfully on their life beyond Lomond School.
We provide small class sizes, an extensive programme of extra-curricular activities, attention to the individual and a strong record of academic achievement. All aspects of development are accorded importance, be they academic, musical, dramatic, sporting or in wider outdoor activities.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced care worker to the role of Matron within our boarding house.
The primary duties include
- Pastoral care including promoting the physical and emotional well-being of boarders.
- Liaising with the school medical staff, accompanying boarders to appointments and dispensing both prescription and non-prescription medication.
- Promoting the ethos of the house and supporting its wider aims.
- Preparing supper for the residents in the evening.
- Performing housekeeping duties and ensuring public areas and boarders’ bedrooms are tidy.
The successful candidate will be familiar with, and adhere to, the SSSC codes of conduct.
Single accommodation may be available for the successful candidate.
Applications are invited by submitting the school application form and a letter of application.
Please visit http://www.lomondschool.com/about-the-school/employment opportunities for further information and to apply.
The closing date for this vacancy is 12 noon on Friday 16 November 2018.