Media Teacher (Fixed Term Contract until June 2018)
DLD College London is seeking an enthusiastic and well-qualified a part time Media Teacher to teach until June 2018. DLD is an independent co-educational College with around 520 students from 46 different countries and includes over 250 boarders. It is situated in a state-of-the-art building in the heart of London overlooking Westminster and the river Thames.
About the Alpha Plus Group
DLD was founded in 1931 and is part of the Alpha Plus Group of schools and colleges. DLD College aims to maintain a ‘gold standard’ of educational quality. Classes are small, enabling students and teachers to focus upon the most effective ways of learning. The College offers exceptional teaching accommodation and resources.
A Centre of Excellence
We have a fantastic track record of supporting students to achieve the A-Level, BTECs (Level 3 & 4) and GCSE results they need, enabling them to move onto university courses of their choice. We also offer a successful International Foundation Programme together with Pre-sessional Programmes.
Purpose of the post
To work with the Head of Creative Arts and Deputy Principal (Academic) in order to ensure that the highest academic, professional and ethical standards are maintained at all times.
Personal Specification & Skills
- Qualifications: A good honours degree in an appropriate subject. Desirable: Teaching qualification and/or other post graduate qualification
- Expertise and academic competence; the ability to seek, review and apply best practice. Some of the students who choose Drama do not have English as a first language. Previous experience of teaching international students would therefore be an advantage.
- A minimum of two years’ teaching experience for those without a teaching qualification. We accept applications from NQTs and provide a programme to support their Statutory Induction year at the college.
- Personal effectiveness; good time management, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; good communication, presentation and planning skills.
- Commitment to on-going professional development and training to develop outstanding classroom practice.
- To be able to engage with and be proficient in the use of technology.
- Demonstrate a commitment to high quality teaching and learning by supporting initiatives within the Faculty
DLD College is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. DLD College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks as well as providing proof of your right to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications: 24th September 2017
Interviews: week commencing 25th September 2017