Smart Teachers, part of Tes, is currently recruiting for a media teacher with the ability to teach English to join a collaborative department at a highly-regarded school based in Lambeth. The media teacher will be teaching KS3 – KS5 classes. The school boasts a contemporary new building and a strong reputation for academic results which are now currently above average. The position is available for a September 2018 start and has the potential to continue for the rest of the academic year.
About the Role
· Media Teacher / English Teacher
· Ability to teach KS3, KS4, KS5
· Supportive department, willing to provide relevant training and a flexible timetable for English
· Full time contract to commence September 2018
· Salary up to £39,000 (dependent on experience)
About the School
· Good Ofsted (2014) striving to be outstanding.
· High levels of support from the school with a strong focus on staff development.
· Clear behaviour management system across the school.
· Strong community based capital city school with a village school ethos.
· Striving for academic excellence with a challenging and inspiring curriculum
· Easily accessible with strong transport links.
In order to be considered for this role, the media teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree in Art
· Proven experience of teaching Media and English to Key Stages 3 – 5
· NQTs and/or Overseas-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number JZB27757
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.