Chobham Academy is currently looking to appoint an Midday Meals Supervisor to join its thriving academy team.
We are currrently looking to appoint an Midday Meals Supervisor who can help to ensure our children behave well and benefit fully from their playtime period, in a fun and safe environment.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With a multitude of progression routes and outstanding CPD for support staff, expect to be supported throughout your career whether in our central team or in one of our 47 academies.
In line with the Government’s announcement, our academy is closed until further notice. However, during this period it is our intention to continue with critical recruitment for key positions starting in September 2020. In place of academy interviews, alternative options will be offered so that no one is at a disadvantage, and applicants should expect telephone or virtual interviews, with the possibility of onsite academy interviews only in special cases. We want to reassure applicants that effective measures have been implemented to ensure their health and wellbeing whilst on academy premises.
Thank you for your cooperation during this difficult time.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking to hear from:
- A person who can work well in a team
- Someone who would like to work part time, with primary school children, in a happy and friendly school
- A positive and committed individual who will be able to take responsibility for ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our children during their lunchtime break.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Chobham Academy:
Chobham Academy opened in September 2013 as part of the Harris Federation. Our 3-18 academy is a world class educational legacy of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Situated within the East Village complex, the academy serves the community newly established in 2,800 new homes, along with existing communities in Newham and Waltham Forest. Chobham Academy is judged "Outstanding" in every category by Ofsted.
Why work at Chobham Academy?
- World-class facilities for learning, leisure and sport, creating a dynamic centre of learning and the hub of the local community
- An all-through Academy, providing unique opportunities for nurturing and developing excellence throughout the local community
- Inclusive model of learning, with an ethos based upon aspiration, ambition and high achievement for all
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
As part of the Harris Federation, we can off you a range benefits, including:
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation Teaching School Alliance is the professional development centre for the Harris Federation, providing high-quality training to schools and academies in and around London. Two Harris academies have been awarded Teaching School status, Harris City Academy Crystal Palace and Harris Academy Chafford Hundred to form the Alliance.
Both Teaching Schools work collaboratively with the rest of the Federation academies to deliver the Teaching School offer, making up the Harris Federation Teaching School Alliance. We are keen to work with more schools to share tried and tested practices, designate Specialist Leaders of Education and offer high-quality training opportunities to teachers.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.