Job Description: Middle School General Science Teacher
ISN seeks an Middle School General Science teacher who can provide excellent instruction and learning opportunities for Middle School Science classes in alignment with ISN’s vision and mission, as well as supporting Globeducate events when appropriate for the department. The approach in the science department emphasises experiential learning, so the ideal candidate will have strong skills in a range of experimental techniques and a willingness to explore new ideas.
All teachers at ISN are expected to effectively develop and deliver the curriculum to excellent standards.
You will be joining the ISN science department consisting of six teachers. We are supported by a technician who assists us in designing, setting up as well as breaking down experiments. The department functions in a collaborative and supportive manner based on mutual respect and understanding. We strive to deliver a dynamic program at all levels and share best practices in an open and empathetic environment.
● Plan and prepare learning activities that guide students towards achievement of curriculum objectives
● Use and develop a range of instructional techniques including inquiry based, project based and problem based learning using media consistent with available resources and student needs and capabilities
● Expand the students' use of individual and collaborative strategies to generate concepts and ideas
● Incorporate new technologies and tools in the creative process
● Evaluate each student's performance on a continual basis
● Prepare evaluative student reports
● Ensure the required standards of classroom management and student behavior are met
Responsibilities specifically related to student safety and student support:
● Collaborate with the SENCO and the EAL Coordinator to ensure that teachers are aware of students' specific learning needs.
● Ensure that students who meet requirements have inclusive assessment arrangements.
● Ensure all activities are carried out with due regard to health, safety and safeguarding, in accordance with the Child Protection Policy.
● Trained in Safeguarding and Duty of Care.
Education and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in a science preferably physics or chemistry
● Qualified teaching certificate/licensure appropriate for grade level and subject area
● Solid working knowledge of the concepts, activities and techniques related to teaching Science at the required level including laboratory experience: Carrying out and supervision of experiments
● Strong foundation in classroom management
● An understanding of the approaches to teaching that include meaningful feedback, student reflection, and ATL skills.
● Positive, creative, collaborative leader
● Committed to ensuring high standards of teaching and learning
● Flexible, resilient, supportive team player
● Passionate about learning
● Effective communicator
● Diplomatic, proactive, problem-solver
● Interculturally aware with well-developed interpersonal skills
● Well organized and efficient
● Able to meet deadlines
International School of Nice ISN
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 19 years
The International School of Nice (ISN) is a private, co-educational day school for children from preschool through to Grade 12. The school was founded more than four decades ago for globally-mobile families aspiring to interna...