Military Academy Teaching Assistant
Salary: Up to £18,316.79 per annum depending on experience (pro rata)
Closing Date: Wednesday 23rd January 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Accrington and Rossendale College are currently looking for an enthusiastic and driven Military Academy Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated Sport, Health & Early Years team on a part-time, term-time only and fixed-term basis working 18.5 hours per week until August 2019.
Accrington and Rossendale College is an award winning provider of Further Education, Higher Education & Work Based Training; we offer quality education and training to the people of Hyndburn, Rossendale & beyond. We currently offer Vocational and Apprenticeship programmes, at different levels, in 11 subject areas including Hospitality and Catering, Motor Vehicle Engineering and Construction and Building Trades. Part of Nelson and Colne College (Ofsted Outstanding), Accrington and Rossendale College offer a fantastic benefits package including a generous occupational pension scheme and access to continued professional development.
The focus of this role is to provide support to learners and teachers to enable safe delivery and access to curriculum, enabling learners to achieve and undertake vital military preparation experience.
The main duties include:
- Prepare teaching and learning environments for curriculum activities
- Participate in outdoor activities
- Support Curriculum Leaders with activity planning and administration
- Maintain resource areas
- Supervise activities across a range of College venues
The ideal candidates will have:
- 4 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above
- Relevant minibus/ MIDAS licence (desirable)
- Suitable standard of personal physical fitness to enable delivery of PT sessions (essential)
- First Aid At Work qualification (or equivalent / higher) (desirable)
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.