Job Title: Mini Bus Driver
Remit: To be a professional driver for the school mini bus. To take a pride in ensuring that the duties are carried out to a high standard.
Hours negotiable as duties demand but are expected to be Monday – Friday 7.00am – 8.45am, 11.45am - 1.45pm , 3.00pm – 5.30pm.
A full and clean UK Driving license is essential as well as a clear enhanced DBS police check.
Roles and Responsibilities
1) Driving duties, driving mini bus for transportation of children from home to school in the mornings and from school to home in the afternoon.
2) Driving duties, driving mini bus for transportation of children to and from swimming lessons, and assisting with driving for cover for others when required.
3) To attend Health & Safety training, a Safeguarding course, and update skills and knowledge regularly.
4) Carry out driver’s daily and weekly vehicle checks, and to carry out basic maintenance and adopt procedures for cleaning and maintaining the mini bus.
5) To carry out weekly checks of the mini bus to ensure that it is roadworthy, safe and clean and presentable to ensure that the school image is maintained.
6) To refuel vehicle as required, take the mini bus for servicing and annual MoT test when required.
7) Report any vehicle defects, faults, incidents and accidents
8) Be responsible for the cleanliness of vehicles, inside and out and ensuring the vehicle is in a clean and roadworthy condition before and after use.
9) To access the school intranet on a daily basis, keeping up to date with policy and procedure changes and reading school news.
Any others duties as directed by the Clubs and Transport Manager and Head of School.