Altrincham, Cheshire, regional winner of The Times best place to live in the UK, 2018.
Permanent Full-time position
The Trafford College Group is one of the leading providers of education and training in Manchester, offering quality, responsive provision which meets the needs of young people, adults, and employers alike. The College has invested £50m over the past few years in world-class buildings and facilities, and are continuing to grow and invest for the future following our merge with Stockport College.
Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the MIS Director, this role is a key lynchpin in the MIS team and is an ideal way to develop or hone your leadership skills. You will be responsible for the direct and in-direct line management of the team and act as deputy to the Director on occasion. A skilled people manager, you will enable the team to deliver excellence in both compliance and service. With an eye on the future you will also be thinking about how we can develop our processes, identifying opportunities to improve the student experience through their journey with us at the college. Your ability to tune in to the needs of internal clients, external partners and a changing regulatory environment will help you direct resources and focus the effort of the team.
• Ensuring that MIS systems are utilised effectively throughout the learner journey from enrolment, timetabling to examinations
• Optimisation of income generation for the college
• Enabling MIS team to deliver service excellence
• Facilitation through the team of examinations process logistics
• Development of MIS systems through our systems development team
• Responsible for compliance to all internal and external regulatory requirements including monthly returns of student records, accurate learner records
• Ensuring we are Ofsted ready at all times
• Driving growth of the college by fostering great relationships with our partners especially those of key strategic priority for example, employers of apprenticeships
• Reporting to leadership of the group to facilitate decision making
• Your success in this role will be built on a solid foundation that comes from your breadth of experience in a busy MIS department
• You can interpret complex client requests and translate effectively to deliver excellent results for learners and your colleagues in the college
• If you’ve not worked in Further Education, experience in a regulatory sector such as insurance or banking would help you in this role
• You are a skilled and flexible coach who can deliver through others, backed up with a technical awareness of MIS systems and processes
The Trafford College Group promotes, celebrates and values diversity and is committed to promoting equality for all.
The Trafford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment at the Trafford College Group is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check via the Disclosure and Barring Service and any post in regulated activity will also be subject to an additional barred list check.
This position is open to direct applicants only.
To apply please click on the link below:
Closing date for receipt of applications: 29th July 2019