The Governing Body wish to appoint a hardworking, enthusiastic and committed Modern Foreign Languages Teacher, able to teach across the age and ability range up to and including GCSE. The ability to teach French is essential and the ability to teach a second language (Spanish, German or Urdu) is desirable. If you are experienced, enthusiastic, open to new ideas and have a flexible ‘can do’ approach to your teaching we would welcome an application from you.
The MFL department at Pleckgate is an outstanding department, achieving excellent results. You will play a central part in building on the strengths and successes of the MFL department and the school.
These strengths include:
• A culturally and socially diverse student body who behave well and are keen to learn.
• A long history of strong GCSE outcomes.
• Outstanding facilities.
• Hardworking students and a committed body of teacher and support staff.
• Opportunities to work with primary schools on supporting the growth of languages across schools.
• Support from a dedicated and experienced MFL Department.
• A team of subject specialists with a passion for high quality MFL.
• An ICT rich environment where all students have mini iPads and all teachers have iPads and a MacBook.
• Part of a growing MAT with associated benefits such as Health & Dental care plans for staff.
We are looking for someone who is:
• Passionate about the study of languages and working with young people.
• Positive, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Committed to outstanding teaching and learning practices, which result in successful outcomes for all of our students.
• Able to engage, motivate and inspire students and colleagues.
• Enthusiastic with regard to curriculum implementation and extra-curricular opportunities
• A successful practitioner with a track record or clear commitment to high expectations and successful outcomes.
• Committed to their own professional development.
You will play a central role to lead and build on the strengths and successes of the MFL Department and the school.
This post offers outstanding opportunities for continuous personal and professional development for a highly motivated and ambitious teacher looking for career advancement. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
For visits to the school or any other information, please direct all enquiries to: email@example.com
Closing date: 14th October 2019
Interview date TBC