The new Swiss International School of Qatar is seeking an outstanding and forward-thinking Music Teacher and Subject Leader for September 2018. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to be part of the founding team of educators that is establishing the Arts Programme at SISQ and taking the school through IB authorisation. SISQ will be a full IB school and has the ambition of becoming one of the leading educational institutions in the region.
The ideal candidate will be able to teach Music to students from Early Years all the way up to Middle Years.
The successful candidate will have the following essential qualities:
- Experience teaching Music to students in Elementary and early Secondary school
- Experience setting up a Music Programme
- Ability to cope in a start-up environment
- Extensive curriculum-writing skills and experience
- A collaborative style and a good sense of humour
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- A commitment to student learning and safeguarding
The following qualities would be an advantage:
- IB experience (PYP, MYP and/ or DP)
- Experience in an international setting
- Ability to teach songs in French
Applications for this position are through Schrole. Please apply early, as SISQ may make an appointment before the closing date if an exceptional candidate is found.