We are looking to appoint a fabulous teacher of music to help us continue our work on further developing and embedding a rich, varied and inspiring Music Curriculum and Enrichment offer to all of our pupils.
We wish to recruit someone whose enthusiasm and love for Music will encourage and inspire children, staff and families and help to further shape our music offer and put our practice ‘on the map.’ This is an exciting and innovative opportunity for a specialist teacher to join our school and play an instrumental (no pun intended!!) part in moving our whole school practice on even further; to raise the profile of music and work creatively to use music as a vehicle for raising confidence, developing resilience, promoting well-being and supporting personal achievement within and beyond academic success.
The role has two key responsibilities:
• To take responsibility for leading music across the Academy, and
• To lead on the NNA Enrichment offer to children
One special feature of our school is that we teach whole class instrumental lessons in violin, viola and/or flute, and we wish to continue this unique and successful approach to teaching.
We hope to appoint just the right person for our children and school. The passion and ambition you have, no matter what stage of teaching you are at, is incredibly important to us.
The role will involve:
- Further shaping and embedding NNA’s Music offer and provision so that it is a unique and celebrated aspect of our curriculum offer
- Leading whole class music lessons across the primary phase (and whole class instrumental lessons across KS2) , but also working alongside teaching and learning staff to strengthen the contribution we all make to celebrating and enjoying music
- Contribute to our performance programme; we are ambitious to establish ensemble groups and perform within and beyond the school to show what children really can do
- Passionate about Music and keen to show its power across a school and its community?
- A fantastic, dynamic and inspiring teacher, able to lead whole class instrumental lessons?
- Ready to draw on your own talents to share and enthuse a school in its Music and Enrichment offer?
- Able to inspire and excite children, staff and families with creative approaches to learning and teaching?
- Ready to blow away the cobwebs, think creatively and step up to playing your part in our continued journey to excellence?
We can offer you:
- Fabulous pupils to work with – who started their musical journey 4 years ago
- An exciting place to work – with a dedicated music room and wonderful performance spaces
- The opportunity to take the lead on further driving forward our music offer, drawing on the successes and strong links with the Music in Secondary Schools Trust (MiSST) and The Guildhall
- A bright future. Leaders, governors and our whole school team are ambitious for our school’s future. We have a great deal to offer and share and are eager to use music as one of our vehicles to develop the resilience and well-being of our children, as well as utilise the skills it brings to support academic achievement across the curriculum. The successful candidate will have an allocated budget to support our music offer and children’s enrichment experiences.
The New North Academy was formed from the merger of two schools in 2004. We moved into our new building, which enjoys state of the art facilities, in Easter 2007.
We are a two-form entry primary school, situated close to both the Angel, Highbury & Islington and Essex Road stations.
We have recently re-focused our vision for where our school can go. As a result, this is a really exciting time to be part of our school’s on-going development and allows potential candidates to share with us their own areas of particular strength. There may well be opportunities to utilise your areas of excellence across our school.
Ofsted judged us to be Good in September 2016.
We expect all staff to share the school’s commitment to the protection and safety of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Our recruitment pack and application form for this post are available here, on our website or by contacting the school via email or phone.
A visit and/or conversation with the Headteacher prior to your application is warmly welcomed and can be easily arranged if you would like to find out more about the role available or to learn more about our school – please contact Mrs Sylvia Lefever-Jones to arrange this.
Closing Date: 23rd April 2019 at 10am, however, applications will be considered for shortlisting on a rolling basis, and the closing date will be brought forward if a successful candidate is found prior to 23rd April 2019.
Interview Dates: week commencing 6th May 2019
Tel: 020 7704 3900