Music Teacher/PPA Cover
Required for September 2021
Salary: M1 – M6 depending on experience
Closing date: Ongoing until suitable candidate sourced
Please note we are not accepting applications from NQT’s for this post
Furness Primary School is a happy, thriving and “GOOD” (Ofsted rated) primary school, looking to start the journey to becoming an “OUTSTANDING” school. We inspire our children to aim high and succeed, equipping them with the necessary skills and knowledge for the future.
We require a qualified, committed, creative and enthusiastic Music Teacher to cover EYFS, KS1 and KS2 classes during PPA time. We provide a balanced and enriched curriculum providing a memorable, challenging and enjoyable learning environment for all our children. The post holder will specialise in Music lessons, leading from the front and raising the quality of learning across the whole Music curriculum. The successful candidate must demonstrate a growth mindset and deeply believe in the capacity of all children to develop musically.
- Must have a strong passion for education, ideally with a musical background or specialism.
- Must be able to lead whole school music assemblies and support teachers in the preparation and performance of class assemblies.
- Must be confident within their teaching ability.
- Must be experienced and have a strong and thorough knowledge of the Primary Music curriculum.
- Must have high expectations of behaviour and achievement.
- Must have strong and effective classroom management skills.
- Must possess the ability to work as part of a team, with a flexible attitude and a calm, organised work ethic.
- Must be able to deliver well planned, well considered and motivational lessons, with experience of motivating and managing young children effectively.
- Must be able to accurately record pupil progress.
- Must possess strong communication skills, appropriate to communicating effectively with staff, parents, children and the wider school community.
IF THE ABOVE IS YOU, COME AND JOIN US AT FURNESS!
How to apply: Please apply via email to email@example.com or via the school website furnessprimaryschool.com. Completed applications to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visits from prospective candidates are warmly welcomed.
Excellence in Education MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check prior to appointment.
Furness Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years