Inspired learning. Empowering young women of integrity. We are seeking an enthusiastic, talented teaching professional to join our Junior School. Preference will be given to suitable applicants with qualifications and experience in successfully teaching the NSW Music Curriculum.
Experience teaching early learning years and junior school essential. The position is a permanent part time 0.60 teaching role over four days a week (negotiable), commencing in Term 3 2019.
The key responsibilities of the position include (but are not limited to):
- teaching music across a range of students aged 3 to 8 years in class groups
- applying knowledge of content/discipline through effective teaching activities and programs relevant to the curriculum stage;
- using a variety of appropriate teaching strategies and resources to make content meaningful to all students;
- understanding and using database systems to maintain records and track student learning;
- using student assessment results to evaluate teaching and learning programs and inform further planning;
- establishing safe and supportive learning environments;
- managing student behaviour by engaging students in purposeful and worthwhile learning activities;
- meaningfully engage with students and their Music learning from the youngest of ages;
- coordination of Pre-K to Year 2 concerts, recitals, assemblies and open days.
- assessment and report writing.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- has experience in teaching Music to young children;
- demonstrate a sound knowledge of the NSW Music syllabus;
- is passionate about the teaching of Music;
- is well versed in Kodaly and Orff methodology;
- has some choir directing experience
- has basic keyboard skills
- has a natural rapport with staff and girls;
- has the ability to engage students and inspire them to achieve the best results;
- possesses a strong academic record;
- possesses a clear understanding of teaching and learning, and sound specialist specific knowledge and understanding of Music;
- is knowledgeable about the effective use of ICT in the classroom;
- is confident in differentiating the curriculum in the classroom;
- will support the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the school;
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning;
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School.
The successful applicant will have to be able to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777
Applications close: 11 June 2019