Job Description- Music Teacher
Job Title: Music Teacher
Location: ISL, Surrey
Hours: Part Time
Holiday: School Holidays
Reporting to: School Leader
Salary: Dependent on experience
In order to fill this role effectively, the successful candidate will need to have a diverse range of qualities, competencies and experience. A Performing arts (music) teacher should be an adaptable and inspiring educator, with the ability to deliver a coherent, integrated, broad programme. He/She should be an outstanding teacher, learner, motivator and communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills, and should be capable of preparing students for international programmes in a stimulating, challenging and well-organised learning environment. He/She should be able to provide professional expertise, high quality teaching and learning, make effective use of resources and ensure high standards of learning and achievement for all students.
Qualifications and experience
· Qualified teacher status appropriate to the teaching duties to be undertaken.
· Experience in performing arts, specifically music
Knowledge and Skills
· Be aligned with the school values of diversity, passion, identity and understanding
· Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to convey enthusiasm and excitement for music
· Have a high level of understanding of how children learn and possess the ability to motivate students to perform at their best
· Have musical instrument proficiency and a strong background in music theory and musicianship
· Through differentiated instruction, be able to inspire diverse classes, creating challenging, engaging and individualised learning opportunities for all students
· Be able to support student needs in learning and pastoral matters
· Have effective classroom management skills
· Be able to participate fully in an expanding primary school and, in particular, help to develop a whole school team spirit
· To implement curriculum policy and strategic plans
· To liaise with colleagues and curriculum leaders to ensure effective delivery of the curriculum to specified classes, including selecting resources and managing them efficiently in the classroom
· To participate in the design, development, implementation and review of performing arts programmes
· To promote the health and safety of assigned classes
· To participate in professional learning and contribute to regular staff training/meetings
· To encourage the team spirit in the primary school
· To contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme of the school
· To contribute to the development of a positive attitude between performing arts and the wider community
· To play an integral part in a range of school productions and performances
This job description is to be read in conjunction with the class teacher job description. Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from the School Leader to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
This job description may be amended at any time following discussion between the School Leader and member of staff, and will be reviewed annually. ISL reserves the right to make an early appointment should an outstanding candidate be found.
Posted: 17th September 2018
Closes: 12 October 2018