For one of our biggest school in Paris.
You will reports directly to the Head of School
• Guide the implementation of the MYP in the school.
• Demonstrate commitment to collaborative planning
• To promote and adhere to a school climate based on understanding and respect
• To promote the learner profile in the MYP
Roles and Responsibilities:
I. Coaching & Leadership:
- Collaborate with teachers in their classroom in order to support and strengthen their understanding of the inquiry process.
- Support and mentor MYP teachers in the classroom.
- Provide opportunities for teachers to observe one another in practice.
- Promote a positive and professional learning culture
- Promote international-mindedness in the school
- Be familiar with and promote understanding and use of all MYP documents.
- Establish and maintain a record of completed IB MYP planners.
- Publish all yearly course overviews and the school’s scope and sequences for global contexts and ATLs.
- Lead the process of developing or reviewing on a regular basis the school’s curriculum documents, including the course overviews and scope and sequence documents.
- Respond to requests for information (for example, questionnaires) from the IB.
III. Communication & Meetings
- Attend weekly administrative SLT meetings.
- Facilitate weekly collaborative planning meetings during which time teachers will collaborate on unit plans and in reaching shared understandings.
- Guide teachers when assessing and analyzing student work in order to identify trends, assist with planning for differentiated instruction, and determine the extent to which learning outcomes were met
IV. Professional Development
- Participate in planning an induction for teachers new to The Victor Hugo School.
- Identify areas for PD, and plan internal and external workshops accordingly.
- Communicate relevant MYP professional development opportunities for staff
- Register teachers for IB PD through the IBO online registration system
- Make recommendations regarding professional development opportunities on and off campus.
- Keep a record of workshop attendance and school visits to ensure equality of opportunity to identify ongoing needs, and to complete authorization and programme evaluation forms.
- Assist teams or individuals in developing and documenting MYP units using the established unit planner document.
- Ensure all units are aligned to the Scope and Sequence documents and to each subject’s objectives.
- Collaborate with teachers to develop meaningful and authentic pre-assessments, formative assessments and summative assessments for all units.
- Assist teachers with the creation of assessment rubrics (task specific clarifications) or other tools used in order to assess and track student growth and progress.
- Ensure that all MYP teachers have access and are familiar with the IB Programme Resource Centre (PRC), newly published and all relevant MYP documents
- Oversee the review of the MYP curriculum on an annual basis.
- Make recommendations for the purchase of suitable resources to support the implementation of the programme.
- Support the MYP team in the development of the Personal Project