Founded in 1924, the International School of Geneva (Ecolint) is the one of the oldest and largest international schools in the world. Our school is a not-for-profit foundation whose mission is to provide the local and international communities with a high-quality international education. Each student is welcomed to the school with a respect for their personal and cultural identity and is offered an education which allows them to develop their abilities to their highest potential.
Campus des Nations is the most recent campus in the International School of Geneva Foundation. Located in the heart of Geneva’s international quarter, this campus has quickly established itself as an educationally pioneering school committed to putting student learning at the centre of all its activities. Campus des Nations is proud to be an International Baccalaureate World School. Our programmes are based on the IB’s ‘Learner Profile’, a set of ideals that inspire, motivate and focus the work of the school and help students to become more thoughtful, moral, cultured and caring. Fostering these qualities is at the heart of all we do. Campus des Nations is the smallest of the three campuses of the International School of Geneva. It opened in September 2005 and now has over 500 students in the secondary school representing more than 90 nationalities.
We are seeking to appoint from September 2019 an outstanding classroom practitioner who will become part of a successful Individuals and Societies Department. The student body is comprised of a diverse range of abilities and therefore the skill of differentiation is crucial. As the school embraces technology having a good level of ICT and understanding how to apply it in the classroom in dynamic ways is essential. The department organises a number of extracurricular trips and we seek to employ someone who will embrace the wider life of the school. The Individuals and Societies department at Campus des Nations is vibrant and progressive and we are seeking to appoint a teacher who embodies these characteristics. If you would like to see more of what we do in the department please visit our website www.nationsinsoc.org
- Is a qualified teacher with at least two years of experience.
- Experience of teaching integrated MYP Individuals and Societies from MYP 1 to MYP 5 (history, geography and economics).
- Experience of teaching DP History.
- Experience of teaching CP Business Studies (BTEC) including the Personal and Professional Skills course.
- Can speak and work fluently in English.
- Proficient ICT skills such as being a Google Educator Level 1 as we are a school that uses G Suite for Education as our core digital tools.
- Experience of organising and participating day and residential trips.
- Experience of teaching in a number of international settings.
- Experience of teaching students with a range of academic and linguistic abilities.
- Has a good understanding of French.
Please send a CV and covering letter before 15.10.2018 to Mr. Jamie Williams, Principal of Campus des Nations by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the reference 400 002.
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.