Required from September 2018
The Principal invites applications from qualified Netball Coaches for the position of Netball Coach. DLD College London is an independent co-educational College situated in the heart of London overlooking Westminster and the river Thames. The college is one of only a few boarding schools in Central London with boarding on site, and we have around 500 students from 52 different countries, of which some 250 are boarders. This is a vibrant and diverse environment, offering ample opportunity for professional development and growth.
Reports to: Sean Gallagher (Sports Co-ordinator)
Job Purpose: To coach and develop Netball
Number of Hours: 4 hours per week
- Planning structured and engaging training sessions.
- Managing the team in fixtures.
- Team selection.
- Coach games lessons once a week (Wednesday).
- Umpiring of fixtures.
- Promoting the sport throughout the College.
- Supervising participants to and from training sessions and fixtures.
- Ensuring a high standard of health and safety when working with students at all times.
- Any other duties that your line manager sees fit, providing that such duties are appropriate to your role.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Adapting to the specific needs of a group or individual participants.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and patience.
- The ability to quickly develop successful working relationships with students from different backgrounds and with different levels of sporting ability.
- A desire to maintain professional skills and knowledge.
- Good English language written and verbal skills.
College Website: www.dldcollege.co.uk
Closing date for applications: Thursday 2nd August 2018
DLD College is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. DLD College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check as well as providing proof of your right to work in the UK.