Are you passionate about childcare and looking for something varied, interesting and challenging?
Inspired Learning Group (ILG) a growing group of independent preparatory schools and nurseries are looking to recruit an experienced Nursery Manager at Essendene Nursery, based in Caterham, Surrey.
Essendene Lodge School is an independent Preparatory School and Nursery in the heart of Caterham in Surrey. We cater for boys and girls between the ages of 2 and 11. We have full time onsite nursery for 2 - 4 year old pupils, managed by experienced and qualified staff.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity working 40 hours per week in a lovely setting which focuses on children aged between 2-4.
What the role involves:
• Creating a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all children.
• Supervising and supporting children at all times.
• Sharing responsibility for the welfare of all children in your designated room or group.
• Remaining vigilant and protect children from harm or abuse, reporting any concerns immediately- in accordance with child protection and whistleblowing policies
• Being fully aware of all emergency and security procedures.
• Interacting warmly with children and parents, supporting colleagues to fulfil their key person responsibilities.
• Reflecting on your practice and daily routines and share ideas for improvement with your group members.
• Contributing to planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age-appropriate activities, helping to ensure rooms are well-resourced and creatively set-up.
• Contributing to observations and the assessment of children’s learning and development, helping to ensure records are kept up-to-date, are of a high standard and are shared effectively.
• Providing feedback and work in partnership with key parents/carers, building and maintaining relationships that encourage trust, open communication, and involvement in nursery life.
We’re looking for:
• A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience within a childcare setting
• Good GCSE results (A-C in English and Maths preferred)
• Great passion for child development and a good working knowledge of the EYFS 0-5 years
• An organised, supportive personality.
• Experience of working in a Management role, mentoring and leading staff and leading by example
• Excellent knowledge of the EYFS and Ofsted statutory guidance
• Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding
• Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities
• Ability to deliver a high standard of childcare
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work productively with pupils, colleagues, parents and outside agencies
• Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
• A fantastic understanding for how a Nursery works.
• Excellent communication skills and able to work effectively in a team
• A sense of humour, common sense and a "can do" attitude
• Strong attention to detail.
What we offer:
• A fun, supportive and creative team to work with.
• Competitive salary
• Further on the job training
• Day to day support from a strong management team
• Career progression for those who show the right potential as our business grows.
Essendene Nursery, part of Inspired Learning Group, are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you love working with children and you want to further your experience with the possibility of promotion and working your way up in a company, please apply now!
The company does not wish to be contact by agencies