Nursery Midday Assistant and Play Leader
Permanent Position, APTC 2 points 11-13
6.25 hours per week x 38 weeks per year, term time only
11.30am - 12.45pm daily
£18,357 - £18,396 pro rata (£2,634 - £2,640 per annum, actual salary)
Required as soon as possible
St Edward's is a large, thriving, multi-cultural community with pupils who travel from a wide area to come to our school. Our strong Christian beliefs are reflected in the behaviour of our pupils, who were described in our latest Ofsted report as "very caring, friendly and respectful towards each other".
Our school is situated in a pleasant residential area and we are only a five minute walk from the centre of Romford, with its excellent transport links and twice weekly market.
We are extending our Nursery provision from September and would like to appoint a Midday Assistant to join our hard-working, enthusiastic and friendly team of Midday Assistants to help children in the Nursery with their lunches and to lead lplay activities.
You will be asked to help with:
- supervising and supporting pupils whilst they eat;
- promoting and supervising positive and active play and pupil relationships;
- health, safety, security and basic first aid (after relevant training);
- pupil discipline and behaviour management;
- assisting pupils with their medical, physical and care needs, where appropriate.
Please apply online. Should you experience any technical difficulty please contact Education HR on 01708 431636.
Closing date: Thursday 21st September 2017 (12.00 noon)
Interview date: Friday 6th October 2017