Qualifications: Level 3 childcare or equivalent
Days and hours of work: Monday to Friday, 8am-1pm, possibly leading to a full day
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Banstead Preparatory School is a brand new co-educational school in Banstead, Surrey with over 190 students. It is set on the outskirts of the village of Banstead with good transport links to London and areas in the South East of England. Our mission is ‘The Best in Everyone’, reflecting our ambition to offer every child every opportunity to reach their full potential. From the very youngest children through to those preparing for secondary education, Banstead Prep School will provide the educational stimulus and environment for happy learning, and the pastoral support to meet every interest, need and background.
Building on the successes and track records of our predecessor schools, Banstead Prep School will be a key feeder school to the most successful secondary independent and grammar schools in the local area and further afield.
We are seeking a Nursery Practitioner on a permanent contract from January 2018.
Applicants must: be able:
- To promote the philosophy of ‘learning through play’.
- To work within the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum framework.
- To plan prepare and participate in a range of activities that promote each child’s physical, intellectual and emotional needs to enable each child to reach their full potential.
- To participate in creating a child’s learning journey.
- To implement activities which encourage linguistic and social interaction between the children and other adults.
- To communicate with parents/carers about the day to day needs of the children by fostering parental involvement and encouraging positive parenting skills.
- To help children acquire self-help skills including dressing, feeding, toilet training and an awareness of personal hygiene.
- To attend staff and department meetings as appropriate.
- To help ensure that the nursery meets safety and hygiene requirements and to report any issues to a senior member of staff.
- To be aware of and comply with the school to Child Protection Policy, Confidentiality Procedures and other Nursery Policies.
- To keep up-to-date with the developments in childcare and parent education through regular training as appropriate.
The full Job description and Person Specification is attached.
You must also have evidence of the right to work in the UK (i.e. Passport or working visa to December 2018).
Applications will be assessed in order of receipt and candidates may be interviewed before the closing date. The School reserves the right to withdraw the position if an early appointment is made so please apply without delay.
Banstead Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other relevant pre-employment checks including satisfactory references and medical clearance.