Purpose of the role:
To implement the daily routine and help to ensure the smooth running of the room/area you are based in and ensuring the nursery meets the required ratios and conditions of registration
Supporting the Nursery Site Manager on a daily basis to ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children placed in the nursery
• To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the developmental stage of children you are working with alongside other staff and preparation and completion of stimulating developmentally appropriate activities
• Support all staff and engage in good team work and look upon the nursery as a whole, and see where your help can best be utilised
• Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members
• To attend out of working hours activities. From time to time, the nature of your role will require or necessitate additional hours for which no further payment will be made. You will be required to attend as necessary to meet the needs of the school such events as (but not limited to) staff meetings, open days, parents evenings, in-service training sessions (Inset), and other school functions.
• To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake any domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snacks, cleaning equipment and resources.
• To ensure mealtimes are a time of pleasant social interactions.
• Washing and changing children as required
• To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures, backgrounds and stages of development
• To be aware of the policies and procedures of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times.
• To keep a proper record of development file for your key children
• To respect the confidentiality of all information received
• To develop your role within the team especially as a key person
• To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children, ensuring settings policies and procedures are observed at all times.
• To provide a positive Role Model at all times to children, colleagues and visitors to the setting.