The new Occupational Therapist will:
• Deliver a specialist Occupational Therapy (OT) service to the pupils, working closely within a team of colleagues of all disciplines.
• OT assessment and intervention should be clinically effective, person centred and evidence based.
• Monitor, evaluate and modify intervention in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of the interventions delivered.
• Be qualified to deliver Sensory Integration to pupils with sensory needs
• Support pupils with Occupational Therapy recommendations on their Educational Healthcare Plans and take referrals regarding pupils within the school
• Adapt the service to meet any additional demands presented by the pupils e.g. challenging behaviour, autistic spectrum disorder and/or additional needs
• Provide clinical assessment, reports, therapy programmes and advice and training within the school environment
The school is an Ofsted Outstanding primary and Secondary special school that provides a specialist meaningful and functional learning environment for children with special educational needs. This includes language, communication and social pragmatic difficulties. The school have a specialism in autism spectrum challenges (ASC).
The school’s approach is warm, friendly and nurturing. They believe that all children have the potential to achieve, but that every child is individual and requires a tailored, child-centred approach to learning. Emotional health and resilience, developing children’s independence and learning, is at the core of the schools’ vision.
• Qualified Occupational Therapist
• Experience working with students at primary age
• Excellent financial package
• Free coffee, tea and healthy fruit baskets
• Free parking
• SEND library
• Staff socials; Boxing and Yoga ARE just some of the initiatives that form part of the culture and the school’s wellbeing policy
Vision For Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
How to Apply
If you would like more information about the role contact Nilo Noori and send your CV across to email@example.com, or call on 0207 065 7536
Vision for Education Ltd - Permanent Recruitment Service
- Supply agency