Dates: Apply by 12pm on Saturday 16th December 2017
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Grade 6 (FTE: £29,452.00 - £34,901.00)
Review of salary scale after 18 months as the school grows
Location: Current (temporary site): 390 London Road, Isleworth, TW7 5AJ Permanent Site Opening Sept 18: Wood Lane, Osterley, Hounslow
Contract type: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 52 weeks per year
Contract term: Permanent
Overview: Nishkam School, West London is an innovative state of the art all-through 4-19 school. Nishkam’s outstanding primary school opened in 2013 with the secondary phase due to open in September 2018, with a four form entry in year 7 of 100 pupils. The school is part of an outstanding Multi-Academy Trust. (4 schools, 2 nurseries; vocational college in Kenya)
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen to make an important contribution to the next phase of development of Nishkam School West London (NSWL). Nishkam School West London will be a flagship school for our Trust offering all-through provision in an expansive 11 acre green site. Opportunities like these are few and far between and will interest those with creative minds and high aspirations, seeking to inspire a new generation of children through a values led, multi-faith curriculum.
The new school building and site will open ready for the new intake in September 2018. Nishkam School West London, (Ofsted Outstanding 2016), will also move to the new site in September 2018.
NST is one of the first multi-academy free school trusts in the UK. The Trust has opened two free schools in Birmingham (primary in 2011 and a secondary in 2012) both of which are judged Ofsted Outstanding, and a third, a primary free school in Wolverhampton.
NST has developed an inclusive values led multi-faith educational approach that nurtures pupils of all faiths and those of no particular faith. The Nishkam ethos is to help grow a selfless mind-set, aspiring to excellence as well as going beyond ourselves to serve others, to create supportive communities and to realise our true potential. This pervades every aspect of the school.
A school office manager works within the school office, under the guidance of the Principal. It is a position of responsibility that covers day-to-day management of the school office and the staff within it – including supervision of the school’s administrative systems, pupil information, staff absences, liaison with parents and the production of key reports. This will require an element of flexibility and good self-organisation skills.
The brand new school is based in 11 acres of green space in an impressive purpose built single facility housing the all-through school.
We will offer you:
- A very warm and welcoming team
- Hardworking and dedicated colleagues
- Supportive parents, carers and community
- A committed and fully involved Governing Body and Board of Directors
- A new learning environment
- Opportunities for professional development
- Terms and conditions similar to other academies and schools
Nishkam School Trust collaborators and partners:
- King Edward High School for Girls,
- Elliot Foundation – Multi academy School Trust
- Jubilee Foundation for Character and Values (University of Birmingham)
- Three faiths Forum as a part of Tony Blair’s Faith Foundation
Nishkam School Trust (NST) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
- Please download an application pack at www.nishkamschool.org/recruitment or contact the Trust office on 0121 348 7665
- Applications to be sent to email@example.com by 12pm, on Saturday 16th December 2017
- Successful applicants will be contacted on Tuesday 19th December 2017
- Interviews will be held week beginning Monday 25th December or Monday 1st January 2017