Cambridge, CB2 8EA
Category: Administration and Customer Services
Operations Administrator x2
Full time - Fixed Term Contract (between 6 and 12 months)
Salary: £19,000 - £23,800
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
What it’s about
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Cambridge Assessment English’s Operations team. These are interesting times for Operations as we seek to modernise our systems and processes to meet the needs of a growing business. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, dynamic and customer focused administrator who will thrive in this changing environment.
What you’ll be doing
Your main tasks will include:
- To take responsibility for the timely and accurate delivery of an agreed set of Operations processes to agreed procedures
- To provide high-quality administrative services by using Microsoft Office and other internal systems
- To liaise effectively with customers as required via telephone, email and face-to-face, providing excellent customer service both internally and externally
- To work to agreed deadlines and provide reports on progress as required to senior management
- To adhere to ISO 9001 Quality Standards, agreed Cambridge Assessment English policies and Service Level Agreements and to proactively identify improvements in processes
- To establish and maintain effective liaison between own team and colleagues across the organisation
- To take part in new developments and the delivery of new products and services as required
- Other duties as defined by the line manager.
What we’re looking for
Ideal candidates will be educated to A-level (or an equivalent standard), will have administration experience in a busy office environment and have a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products. Accuracy and attention to detail is essential in this role, as is experience of providing a high level of customer service. The ability to prioritise work effectively to achieve a number of tight deadlines is another essential attribute. The role will also require you to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure and without close supervision.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
- Educated to at least A-level standard with at least 5 GCSE’s or equivalent at Grade C and above including English and Maths
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Previous office experience in a busy office environment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Experience of office administration/data processing
- Experience of following a set of documented processes and procedures
- Experience of providing a high level of customer service
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively and meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of the Cambridge Assessment English product range
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Subsidised canteens
- Corporate discounts on Gym memberships and car rental
- Support for professional qualifications
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21/12/2018 and interviews will be held on 16/01/2018.
In this spirit of transparency, if you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.