Who we are
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
What it’s about
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Cambridge Assessment English’s Operations team. These are interesting times for Operations as we seek to modernise our systems and processes to meet the needs of a growing business. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, dynamic and customer focused administrator who will thrive in this changing environment.
What you’ll be doing
Your main tasks will include:
- To take responsibility for the timely and accurate delivery of an agreed set of Operations processes to agreed procedures
- To provide high-quality administrative services by using Microsoft Office and other internal systems
- To liaise effectively with customers as required via telephone, email and face-to-face, providing excellent customer service both internally and externally
- To work to agreed deadlines and provide reports on progress as required to senior management
- To adhere to ISO 9001 Quality Standards, agreed Cambridge Assessment English policies and Service Level Agreements and to proactively identify improvements in processes
- To establish and maintain effective liaison between own team and colleagues across the organisation
- To take part in new developments and the delivery of new products and services as required
- Other duties as defined by the line manager.
What we’re looking for
Ideal candidates will be educated to A-level (or an equivalent standard), will have administration experience in a busy office environment and have a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products. Accuracy and attention to detail is essential in this role, as is experience of providing a high level of customer service. The ability to prioritise work effectively to achieve a number of tight deadlines is another essential attribute. The role will also require you to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure and without close supervision.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
- Educated to at least A-level standard with at least 5 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C and above including English and Maths
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Previous office experience in a busy office environment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Experience of office administration/data processing
- Experience of following a set of documented processes and procedures
- Experience of providing a high level of customer service
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively and meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of the Cambridge Assessment English product range
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 24 February and interviews will be held on 6 and 7 March 2019.
To apply please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.