We are a thriving co-educational independent preparatory school situated in the heart of Sussex for children aged 2½ – 13 years.
Accommodation may be available.
The successful applicant will:
- Have in-depth experience in estates and facilities management.
- Have excellent numerical, financial literacy and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Have strong project management and negotiation skills.
- Have a proven track record of developing and delivering estates and facilities strategies.
- Have strong collaborative leadership skills with ability to manage a team.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing the smooth running of the school’s estates, working directly with the Senior Leadership to plan and execute a management plan of the grounds and properties.
- Acting as the principal Health and Safety contact for the school.
- Being responsible for the line management and development of the Maintenance, Catering and Housekeeping teams.
- Managing the grounds contractor and overseeing other site contractors.
- Delivering the strategic development plans for the Estate and Facilities.
- Managing utilities, creating estate manuals and ensuring policies are current and relevant.
- Acting as the first point of contact in case of emergency on site.
Further details and an application form can be obtained from the School’s website http://www.greatwalstead.co.uk/job-opportunities.php
Closing date: Noon, Wednesday 16 October 2019.
Interviews: Friday 1 November 2019.
Applications will be considered as they are received and the school reserves the right to appoint at any point during the application process.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all of our staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS and to register with the update service.
Data handling – please refer to Great Walstead’s Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice which can be found on the School’s website.
Registered Charity No 307002