Smart Teachers welcomes Australian and New Zealand trained teachers to consider an incredible opportunity to relocate to the UK and take up a class cover (PPA) role at an 'Outstanding' three form entry primary school in Wembley, London. The school is looking to recruit a Primary PPA (Class Cover) teacher on a full time, permanent basis, starting in September 2019. Both experienced teachers and new graduates are welcome to apply.
The school is looking to employ a class cover teacher to cover classes across the school, providing leadership and graduate teachers with release time. The school are seeking to employee a class cover teacher with a sound subject knowledge across all core and foundation subjects. The school can offer a positive working environment where collaborative working is prevalent. Children who attend the school enjoy their learning and the school is committed to creating life-long learners.
This is a fantastic opportunity for Australian and New Zealand teachers to develop a comprehensive understanding of the UK curriculum, primary schooling and build up your CV with experience in all year levels.
About the Role:
- Cover Teacher / PPA Teacher
- Covering classes across the school
- September 2019 start
- Full time position
- Generous daily rate - $248- $293 AUD (depending on experience)
About the school:
A diverse and rich learning environment, where children of different background, cultures and religions can learn together.
- Outstanding Ofsted rating, the UK’s governing body for standards in education
- Vibrant community based school
- Strong parent partnership and very popular
- Three form entry
- Inspirational and established Senior Leadership Team
- Excellent professional development available to staff both internal and external
- Forward thinking team
- Extended school provision including breakfast and after-school clubs as well as holiday care
- Located in Wembley – parking available as well as close links to a number of tube stations
About the Location:
- The London Borough of Brent is located in North West, Outer London
- One of the most culturally diverse areas of London
- Growing in popularity with families and young professionals
- Home to Wembley Stadium, one of the most popular football and music in the world
In order to be considered for this role, the Class Cover Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
- Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
- Graduate Teachers and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to email@example.com quoting job reference number DXTA3155KYB.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DXTA3155KYB.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.