We are building a team of teachers at Olive Academies who are confident and enthusiastic about delivering our innovative curriculum at our alternative provision academy in Thurrock.
We work with teachers who are determined to improve the life chances of young people aged 11 to 16 with social, emotional and mental health challenges.
Our radical vision of expeditionary learning pivots on an offer of outdoor learning where students can grow their resilience. We are looking for an outdoor enthusiast who is passionate about developing the grit of our young people and who understands the challenges they present.
The way we teach at Olive AP Academy Thurrock gives our pupils:
- Real life immersion experiences, field work and outdoor learning opportunities
- Physical, drama and art therapeutic approaches to learning
- Resilience and character building through service to the community
- An “ethic of excellence”; encouraging our pupils to produce “beautiful work”
- Learning through head, heart and hands experiences
We are looking for someone who can model and encourage traits such as leadership, communication, determination, ambition, reflection, empathy and conviction.
What we can offer you:
- very small class sizes
- the freedom to be innovative without the constraints of a mainstream curriculum
- a close and supportive team environment
- fast track to leadership and career progression
- high quality CPD and strong links to mainstream schools
- an organisation which is values driven and has the child at the centre of everything we do
Please contact us if you would like to visit our academy. Jo Hill our headteacher will be delighted to welcome you for a tour and informal chat.
If you believe you have the skills and expertise to help us in our ambitious journey to outstanding, we want to hear from you.
Applications closing date 11th January 2018
Interviews: week commencing 15th January 2018
Return your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Olive Academies
Olive Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.
Olive Academies is a multi-academy trust, approved by the Department for Education. Established in 2013, it is one of the first academy sponsors specialising in alternative provision in England. Its principal aims are to encourage students, many of whom live in deprived communities, to develop the confidence, skills and knowledge to believe that they can be successful in their own lives. Find out more about the trust www.oliveacademies.org.uk
- Application form
- Job description
- Person specification
- Key information
- Olive Academies Safer Recruitment and Selection Policy Statement