Smart Teachers is recruiting for an Outreach Manager to work with children and young adults with learning difficulties at a play scheme setting in Harrow. The playscheme is based at an establishment that runs during term time and school holidays, supporting individuals with a range of needs including ASD, SLD, ADHD, and other complex needs. The Outreach Manager is responsible for the effective development, delivery and management of high quality outreach services. This includes leading and managing a team of outreach workers and sessional bank staff. The successful Outreach Manager must be prepared to have a flexible working schedule including working on weekends. This is a full-time, 12-month fixed-term position to commence in October 2019.
About the Role
• Outreach Manager
• Supporting children and young adults with a range of special needs including including ASD, SLD, ADHD, and other complex needs
• Responsible for the effective development, delivery and management of high quality outreach services
• Managing a team of outreach workers and sessional bank staff
• Full-time, 12 month fixed-term contract
• Flexibility with working hours including weekends
• Annual salary of £28,015
About the Establishment
• Run by a charity that supports local children and young adults with additional needs in Harrow
• Supports individuals with a range of special needs from the age of 5 to 25
• There is a particular focus on sensory play so there are a number of resources including sensory toys, technology, etc.
• Parking available on site
• Close to transport links (short walk from the Overground or bus ride from a number of underground stations)
In order to be considered for this role, the Outreach Manager will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Must have a recognised education / early years qualification to NVQ Level 3 or higher (essential)
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (desirable, but not essential)
• Have excellent management and leadership skills in supporting children, young people and families with disabilities and complex needs
• Ideally have experience working in partnership with families and an understanding of the needs of the children whilst providing Outreach Services
• Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVC155218.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.