Vision for Education, the supply arm for TES, are looking to recruit Outreach Tutors to work in the Wisbech and surrounding Fenland areas. Whether you’re a Qualified Teacher, Unqualified Teacher, Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA), Teaching Assistant (TA), Home Tutor, Learning Mentor or Support Worker, we want to hear from you today!
This role will involve you supporting children from KS1 through to Post-16 that have various Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) Difficulties, Autism (ASD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) and Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD) at Outreach Provisions.
As an Outreach Tutor, you will be expected to develop a good rapport with children and young people in order to support them effectively with their learning. You will therefore need to have an excellent understanding of SEND, be dynamic and proactive and have strong behaviour management skills. Your role will involve tutoring children and ensuring that they have a good understanding of the subject matter before the lesson finishes. You will also need to have good Maths and English skills and be able to tutor children through various subject matter within these areas.
This role will be divided between working in SEND Schools /Alternative Provisions and working with young people in the community in Wisbech (such as Community Centres and Libraries). This is a term-time only position without guaranteed hours on supply. *It is essential that you are flexible and able to travel to and from settings if required for this role*.
In return for your hard work and expertise, you will be rewarded with:
· Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
· Consistent training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness and access to eLearning Courses by EduCare (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
· Generous Recommend a Friend Scheme.
· Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
· Wages paid directly into bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company)
· We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you feel you have the qualities we are looking for and would like to know more, please call the Vision for Education Peterborough office on 01733 371371. Alternatively, please send us your current CV.