Outstanding Teacher of Physical Education
Kings’ School Dubai is seeking an outstanding, passionate and motivated PE Teacher to join our expanding PE department.
When you join the Kings’ Dubai family, you will become part of the only school in Dubai to be rated outstanding 10 years running. Working in Dubai is a fast-paced and rewarding experience, however, it is a demanding and rigorous working environment which requires committed and motivated professionals. As such we seek teachers who understand that their role extends far beyond the classroom.
The department is superbly resourced, with extensive facilities to support a wide range of sports and extracurricular activities. Sport is a major part of students' lives at Kings’ and the successful candidate will be expected to devote time both before and after school, as well as weekends, to running clubs and competitive teams.
As such this is a superb opportunity for an aspiring, imaginative and inspirational teacher to join a highly innovative environment. You will join and be supported by a successful faculty head with exacting standards and expectations of his/her team.
Kings’ is part of the John Hattie Visible Learning programme. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree with Physical Education, Outdoor Education or Sports Science as the sole or significant focus
- An outstanding teacher, with a minimum of 3 years experience, though new teachers who are aspiring to be outstanding will be considered
- Experience in examination PE is desired, however not required
- Experience in primary PE is desired.
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through attached HR application form through the TES portal.
Closing date for applications is 27th March 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2020 and will be invited to participate in a thorough induction programme.